HARRISON SCHOOL P & C
Temporary carpark changes
From the start of Term 1 in 2017, the school will be trialing some changes to the main carpark. These changes are designed to improve traffic flows during peak periods, and increase safety for all users.
The main changes during the trial period include:
– 10km/h speed limit
– No right hand turns at any time from the western exit onto Wimmera St (Middle School end)
– Modifying the turning area in the middle of the carpark
– Bollards to ensure no wrong way entry into one-way circuit (Childcare Centre end)
– No access to the blue pick-up zones in the afternoon until after the bell sounds (2:50pm)
– Strict enforcement of the pick-up/drop off zones (no parking or standing waiting for students)
A diagram of the proposed changes can be viewed on the Harrison School website at
We would appreciate the support of parents and carers during the trial. The aim is to improve the carpark for all of the Harrison School Community and ensure the safety of our students. Please note that ACT Policing (AFP) will be periodically enforcing traffic rules in and around the school area, including the carpark.
At the conclusion of the trial, we will be seeking feedback regarding the trial and overall use of the carpark.
Harrison School P&C Association
Mail: PO Box 782, Mitchell, ACT 2911