Dear Parents and Carers,
Before and After School Care
I apologise that I have not provided you with an update about before and after school care for some time – I understand the lack of information will be causing concern for many of you.
As you know, we undertook a tender process for the outside school hours care provision and OSHClub were the successful organisation. Due to unforeseen complexities in the process of changing providers, OSHClub have been unable to take bookings from Harrison School parents. We have been working hard to overcome the complexities and believe we are close to a resolution that will allow bookings to be made soon. Before and after school care will be available from 23 July (week 1 Term 3) and we have been reassured that there will be adequate places for parents seeking to continue before and after school care. We will host information sessions at the school as soon as possible to provide you with more detailed information about the program.
School Holiday Programs
As a reminder, Communities@Work will be running a school holiday care program at Harrison School during week one of the holidays (Monday 9 July – Friday 13 July). This is a regrettable situation that we were hoping to avoid and both OSHClub and Kids Biz have offered places to Harrison students in their services listed below:
- Kids Biz
- Gungahlin – Harrison families are guaranteed places in this program for all enrolments received by Friday 22 June kidsbizholidays.com.au
- Nicholls – https://www.oshclub.com.au/nicholls-joint-facilities-oshclub-a-c-t/
- Charnwood – St Thomas Aquinas https://www.oshclub.com.au/st-thomas-aquinas-primary-school-charnwood-a-c-t/
Communities@Work may also have places available at their other school holiday programs at:
- Amaroo https://commsatwork.org/services/children/amaroo-school/
- Neville Bonner https://commsatwork.org/services/children/neville-bonner-primary-school/
- Palmerston https://commsatwork.org/services/children/palmerston-district-primary-school/